Thursday, April 29, 2010

sigh...

So much has happened. We were matched with 2 child groups, then we did respite for a family, which ended up with them not adopting the child, we were asked if we would, we said YES and were 1 week out from getting her when we found out it wasn't to be...and after reading the matched files we knew we weren't the parents for those children either. Have I mentioned I now HATE rollercoasters! Good grief.

It's like, ok God...what am I'm not getting. What am I supposed to be learning? I know he has the child/children for us, I'm just at my end. I suppose that is where He picks up. Sigh.

For those that aren't familiar with the process, once you are matched you read the files which in many cases contain alot more info than you had to start with. It is at this point you have to determine if you want to proceed. In our cases there have items that we didn't feel would be in the childs best interest to have two working parents. It's hard to say no....honestly....you have NO idea how hard it is, but we know it has to be right for our family.

We are back in the process again and waiting for our next matches. Hopefully we will see our child soon. We aren't looking for a perfect child - but we are waiting for our God-given one. Just keep praying. It is very hard, very discouraging but I know in the end it will be very rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment